SciPod is a leading science communication service, focusing on audio communication. It was borne by a team of creative thinkers and explorers from inside and outside the academic community, with the aim of making science accessible, understandable, influential, and enjoyable. We blend a diverse pool of backgrounds and expertise, from scientific researchers to editors, from writers to designers, and from voice actors to public relations professionals. Together we have over 20 years’ experience in the field of science communication.
With our rich reputation of bringing a new, authentic and easy communication service to lovers of science and technology, SciPod has helped hundreds of researchers, universities, publishers, and societies to communicate their science beyond traditional academic journals.
There are several ways we can support your communication efforts. Our overall goal is to provide an original, impactful, and highly complementary service to both you and your authors.
Integrate either an audiobook or animation into the initial submission offering as an ‘add-on’ outreach option, to help your authors with their broader communication mandate. This has proven to be a great way for a publisher to offer their authors one step beyond open access, and to showcase published science to a new and diverse audience.
SciPod can be seamlessly integrated with your current editorial process and we will manage all communication with your authors if required.
Offer SciPod to your authors before and/or after publication as an outreach and research promotion service, or as a member benefit. Provide your authors with an exclusive discount as part of the agreement.
This will benefit all involved, and provides your authors with a valuable service that adds value to publishing with you.
Arrange a fixed budget for SciPod to produce and promote a required number of audiobooks, videos, or editorial brochures for your journals. You can select certain papers or books, or we can suggest a selection.
SciPod will work to your requirements and deliver marketing impact without the cost of employing a marketing department.
White label service
Although we would love to form a visible collaboration with you, we appreciate that you may want to offer audiobooks and videos as ‘in-house’ services. We would be happy to develop and supply bespoke outreach materials that you can offer your authors under your own brand.
Why partner with us?
With over 7000 new science papers being published each day, many are never read, let alone cited. Audiobooks can help cut through the noise of over-publishing, by communicating science and research in an accessible language for a broad audience.
- We can create extra visibility and impact for your journal
- We can create complementary impact for your authors
- We can add value to open access publishing
- We can offer insight into non-open access journal articles
- We provide 20 years of science communication experience
- We cater to publishers of all sizes
- We offer a bespoke and professional service to your authors
- Three out every four audio consumers say they enjoy tuning in to audios to learn new things (source: Statista) 75% 75%
- 66% of podcast listeners have a university degree, bachelor’s or higher (source: Midroll) 66% 66%
- Monthly podcast listeners have grown 61.5% in 3 years (source: The Infinite Dial) 61.5% 61.5%
- 59% more time was spent listening to podcasts than scrolling through social media (source: semrush) 59% 59%
- 54 percent of listeners are more likely to consider a new brand after hearing it referenced on a podcast (source: eMarketer) 54% 54%
- Each week, more Americans listen to podcasts than have Netflix accounts (source: Edison Research) 28% 28%
Our dissemination team publish and promote each SciPod to an audience of 26,000 listeners (and growing). We publish each SciPod episode on multiple audio platforms. Including the five major players in the audio software industry – Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Overcast, and Google Podcasts.
Trusted by the research community
Simplified editoral process
Our unqiue 4 step editorial process allows us to work from distance whilst giving you full control with minimal time commitment
Interested in collaborating with SciPod?
Enter your details and we shall arrange a consultation with you