You’re just once piece of communication away from securing your next grant… from forming a new collaboration… from getting that promotion… from recruiting new lab members… from inspiring the next generation
Good science communication helps people make informed decisions and motivates them to take appropriate and affirmative action.
Good science communication encourages everyday people to be scientifically literate so that they can analyse the integrity and legitimacy of information.
Good science communication encourages people into STEM-related fields of study and employment.
Good public science communication fosters a community around research that includes both members of the public, policymakers and scientists.
Despite these benefits, very few scientists can invest the needed time or energy into science communication. Of course, it is not always a scientist’s fault that this happens. There are barriers to even sincere efforts to engage in science communication. We conducted a recent survey and found three main reasons why:
Between writing, reviewing, field work, data analysis, teaching, conferences, social gatherings and family, scientists have a lot to juggle
Unfortunately, scientists can fall into the trap of using vernacular from a very specific area of expertise that is totally foreign to the average reader or listener.
Budgets are tight, funding is being cut. For a research to do this themselves would cost time and money, to employ a marketing company would be astronomical.
Our Simple 4 step SciPod process can help you
What you get with SciPod
- A 1200 word plain language summary article written by a professional science writing team
- Industry standard editing
- Professional voice narration
- Studio quality recording
- A dedicated audio library page, and soundcloud page for ease of access and sharing your SciPod
- A user friendly, instant play, download and social media share interface
- Dissemination to our full audience of listeners and any personal referrals
- Links to the text version of your SciPod, and links to your original science paper
- Bespoke cover art for your SciPod
- A unique URL for personal hosting and sharing your SciPod
- MP3 file of your SciPod for personal use
- Text transcription of your SciPod which can be used as a standalone plain language summary or outreach document
All of this for only $500
Frequently asked questions
Q: How long will this take me to produce a SciPod?
Q: But will I get chance to approve this before its published?
Q: Will I be able to use the audio myself?
Q: What subjects do you cover?
Q: Can I acknowledge my collaborators and funders?
Q: Can I have multiple SciPods?
Q: What is your audience of listeners?
Q: How much does this cost and why do I have to pay?
Original science communication, no experience needed, low time input, cost effective, only $500